How to take care of your silver jewellery
Most objects do not last over time, they get damaged or become obsolete. This is what makes a piece of jewelry special, it can be worn for years and even passed on to future generations.
We provide you with a guide to take care of your silver jewelry in order to wear it as long as possible.
First, we will remind you of some important facts about common misconceptions:
- Jewelry lives with you every day. It will therefore be subject to wear and tear. Despite its composition and price, it is normal for it to show signs of age
- Like a nice bag, or a nice pair of shoes, quality does not mean that you should not take care of it. Every object requires a minimum of maintenance to be in good condition over the years.
So this guide is made for you! Here, you will find the good reflexes to adopt to take care of your silver jewels on a daily basis.
- It is preferable to remove your jewelry before washing your hands or taking a shower. Please note that 925 thousandths silver is somewhat sensitive to humidity. It is therefore strongly recommended not to immerse it too much, or if it happens, remember to dry it well. This will prevent it from oxidizing too quickly.
- Contrary to popular belief, chemicals do not mix well with your jewelry. Activities such as gardening, washing dishes or swimming pool involve two risks for your jewelry. On the one hand, we are not particularly careful at these times. On the other hand, the products we use are harmless for us, but could damage the metal.
- It is also not advisable to wear your jewelry: when doing sports, carrying heavy loads, if you are doing a job or a manual activity, or when sleeping.
- Finally, remember to store your jewelry properly when you remove it. This way, they won't fall on the floor or roll under a piece of furniture! They will be carefully stored in a safe place that will protect them. Note: remember not to put two pieces of jewelry together, as this could scratch them.
It is not always easy to know how often to clean your jewelry, or if you should buy a special product or brush.
Here are the solutions.
Frequency: About every month.
If you notice something abnormal on your jewel, do not hesitate to contact us at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org for a quick response from our team.